Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Queen that I am



Everybody knows that I am cute and opinionated. At daycare, I am now called regina (queen). At home I do not get treated like a queen even though I demand it. But finally in Egypt, I got the attention I deserve. Everybody loved me. Everybody wanted to hold me, touch me, kiss me. I acted cool, like any celebrity would- sometimes I gave a little smile just to make people happy. But secretly I enjoyed every minute of it. My parents are usually good natured about these kinds of things, but I think this was a bit much for them- they just don't understand- I am the queen (of what, I don't know yet) and getting attention, wanted or unwanted, is just a part of life. At one point a policeman had to interfere to disperse a crowd of girls- I was cool as a cucumber, smiling for their cell phone cameras and all, while my parents were slightly overwhelmed and helpless. What can they do, they were not meant for this life... but I still love them.
Regina Lili

No comments: