Thursday, May 8, 2008

Budapest?

Chasing chickens at my uncle's house...






















Rajzoljunk!





Well, after a month delay, I am finally determined to post something. We did have a great trip to Budapest during Easter, although aside from the new faces or a random piece of furniture on a picture here or there, you will certainly not be able to tell that we were anywhere but home. Visiting family with a baby, a toddler and a dog (yes, Lexi came) means 2 things- lots and lots of food and no sightseeing. Regardless, we had a great time, stayed with Mami ( my grandmother- the proud 88 year-old great grandmother of 2) and visited with lots of aunts and uncles and cousins. Miki loved all the attention of course, and Lili was her usual happy self. Mikael sat around a lot (I suppose a lot is a relative term- that is, when he was not busy eating, drinking, running after 2 kids and walking the dog), soaking in all the hungarian he could. I, as well, ate my fare share of food (especially Mami's kalacs (chainbread) with ringlolekvar (sort of like plum preserves) from a tree in her front yard.
Amongst many firsts for the children, there was also a first for us- thanks to my cousin Krisztian- Mikael and I had a night out without the kids (while Mami and my aunt Eva graciously babyset) and we went to see a play.

No comments: