Friday, January 23, 2009

Chef Miki








As you have seen before, I like hanging out in the kitchen. Over time, I have progressed from unpacking all the tupperware from the cabinets and playing in Lexi's water bowl (don't worry, to my parents' delight, I have trained a capable and motivated replacement for this role) to actually wanting to help with what is going on. Lately, I have been announcing my plans to become a chef (and no, it is not just to please my sometimes morose Papa, who is the REAL chef of the family at this point) . In preparation for this, I have been spending time in either the real or my toy kitchen. But more importantly, as a savvy business move, I have been posing for all kinds of pictures in various kitchens throughout the world (well, my world anyways). I don't know, I think I might be able to use them on my book cover (because, as I am sure you are all aware, you are not really a chef without at least a couple of cookbooks and of course the mandatory TV show. But lucky for me, redheads do well on TV- look at Bobby Flay or Mario Battali).
Miki
***Parents' note- We have high hopes for Miki. First and foremost we hope he can somehow bring his chef's palate (which certainly exists in his imagination) to more practical use at the dinner table so that he does not immediately announce he does not like something without having even tried it.

No comments: