

Yes, what about me? I have been a loyal member of this family for over 4 years now, but I am not sure most of you even know that. When I arrived I was THE baby of the family. I got to go to the park every weekend (and I mean real green space, not under a bench at the playground), I got to play in the snow ( Rome- what snow?), I got to go to the doggy beach, I received plenty of petting and attention from my admiring parents. Then along came this thing called Miki, a real baby or something. This was an adjustment but I still got to go plenty to the DC Arboretum (even though dogs are not allowed) and I got to play in the back yard. Then we moved to Rome. Initially this was great because we had no car, so there was lots of walking about. But then again, the Mama's tummy started to get big and I suspected it was not just the pasta she was eating. And yes, I was right, along came ANOTHER baby, Lili, and this has put almost a complete end to my walking with the family. Yes, I pull the leash, making it virtually impossible for one person to have the baby in the Bjorn, push the stroller and walk me, but come on, I am EXCITED when there is finally a true family outing. OK, I still get pet, I get plenty of early morning and late evening exercise, but it is just not the same. I HAVE gotten to go on some fun trips (I have been to Umbria, the Amalfi coast and a recent little jaunt to the former eastern bloc). Some say this is just due to poor planning on my parents' part, but I take it as a sign of love. Although on this last trip I was exposed to some serious danger called Nero (a german shepherd-rottweiler mix). Luckily, my usual docile and submissive personality reassured him of his manly manliness (not!) and all was fine- see picture above.
Of course the saving grace(s) in all this, aside from the fact that I know my family loves me, come by the name of Kathy, Patrick and Tomo. They know how to have fun!!! When they come over, I know I am about to have the time of my life running at the dogpark, chasing balls in the garden, or taking a bath in water fountains! Plus I always manage an extra meal. Unfortunately, I only have a picture of my buddy Tomo (again, another example of my parents' obsession with nothing but their REAL children, forget photographing MY friends).
That's ok, I love them all the same, I just needed to vent a bit.
Thanks for listening.
Lexi
1 comment:
Poor Lexi! The greatest dog in the world. (Please don't tell Ginny.) I hope she's at least getting to eat some spaghetti and meatballs...
Post a Comment